Ever wanted to be able to access your psychologist from the comfort of your own home or another place of your choosing? Well now you can! Research indicates that therapy conducted by phone or online can be as effective as face-to-face sessions with a psychologist and have a number of advantages. Think PJ’s people!
How do I prepare for an online session?
Prior to your appointment:
- Decide which device you are going to use. You can use a smart phone, iPad, tablet, laptop, or desktop.
- If using a smart phone or iPad download the Zoom app on your phone or device via the app store or Google Play. Be sure to do this at least a day before your appointment.
- If using your laptop or desktop, you will be prompted to download Zoom via the invitation we send you or you can download “Zoom for client meetings” here: https://zoom.us/download
At your scheduled appointment:
- We will send you a link to your Zoom meeting via email and SMS before your appointment. When you click on the link, you will be taken to a virtual waiting room. Follow the prompts and allow your device to use the microphone and camera.
- Make sure that you have a full battery in preparation for your session or your device is plugged in
- Choose a quiet, comfortable, private location where you won’t be interrupted or overheard
- Make sure you are connected to the internet and have a good internet connection
- Place your phone, iPad, tablet, laptop, or computer on a stable surface so that your psychologist can see you and you can see them
- Make sure the camera and audio is turned on (it is a good idea to check it works before your scheduled session time)
- Keep your phone handy in case there are any problems and we need to call you
- Consider using headphones for the best result and added privacy